Monday, January 3, 2011

colonoscopy

My schedule was 10:20 am 1/3/2011.

7 days before, I stopped eating nuts, seeds, tomato, grapes,corn, popcorn, and iron supplements. They will clog up the probe.

2 days before, I stopped all solid foods and colored drinks. I drank 7-up and water. It was fine. At 6 pm, I took 3 Dulcolax tablets. Went to bathroom after 9 hours.

The day before, I mixed Gravilyte powder and a small packet of lemonade into 4 liters. I kept it at about 45F and started drinking it at 4:30. I finished half after 2.5 hours. Not too bad. I took 4 Simethicone tablets right after that. After that, went to bath room 3 times and cleaned out most of stuff.

At 3 am, I started drinking the second half. I quit at 6:20 since my appointment is at 10:20 with 16 oz. leftover. Went to bathroom 3 more time.

Driven over and changed. After a few minutes, I was in. Nurses were very nice and provide heated blankets. I was cold with 97.4F. Sedated and ready.

The Dr was rough; he stuck the thing right into it without being careful. I was able to see the procedure on the screen. They found two polyps and took them down; I was told more info will follow. Found internal hemorrhoids also.

They did stomach check also, Gastritis and Hiatal hernia was found so I need to be careful.

1/06/2011. Dr. called and prescribed three antibiotics for PYLORI bacteria in stomach. I do not want to take medicine; googled articles also mentioned that some strands of pylori are resistant to antibiotics.

Searched for remedies: brocoli, brocoli sprouts, pinenut oil, virgin coconut oil. Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV). Some even say a little bit Pylori in tummy is good to regulate acidity. I started on brocoli three days ago, 1 oz. in the morning before any food.

4/11/2011. Few weeks after exam, there was more acid reflux than usual. It is all gone now. Did the checking process damage anything?

1 comment:

Ed said...

Checked again in may after eating broccoli sprouts, still positive. Hope the pylori strength has been greatly reduced. (doc said there is no way to check the level) doc recommended antibiotic again:(